Rochard King is an independant sales and letting agency with one branch only and not part of a large chain with multiple branches and offices. Where you interact with our office, for example to arrange a viewing or wish to discuss your property, the office you liaise with is the Data Controller of your Personal Data where this is collected from you by them.
This is because we are the organisation which (either acting alone or jointly with others) determines why and how your Personal Data is processed. By Personal Data, we mean information which, either by itself or when combined with other information that we hold or which is available to us, can be used to identify you, such as your name and address.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect certain information or data about you. The data that we collect will be in the form of:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your contact details such as name, personal or work-related email address if you contact us online via the Rochard King Website or where you call us or visit us direct;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts - this includes which geographical areas you select on our site in relation to sales or lettings within a certain price range;
- your name, postcode, address, telephone number and email when you book a market appraisal via our website www.rochardking.com
- your preferred properties when you click on property shortlist and how you use the Rochard King Website - for example which links you click on, your IP address and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques which include information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) or MAC address of your computer (or other electronic Internet enabled device), your access times, the Rochard King page that brought you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
We will never ask you to provide any ‘Special Categories of Personal Data’ when using the Rochard King Website. This means information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. We do not consider any of this information relevant to what we do via the Rochard King Website. However, there may be some rare and limited instances where we will collect this type of information from you, where you choose to provide it to us, in connection with your relationship with us. Where this occurs we will ensure that we do so with your explicit consent and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
HOW WE RECEIVE YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we hold may be supplied by you directly to us by telephone, office visit or e-mail. We may also have information that has been supplied to us by third parties for marketing purposes where you have selected to have your information shared in this way. This may be where you have signed up to or made an enquiry through Rightmove, on the Market, Zoopla or any similar property portal and your information is passed to us in connection with a property you are interested in, on that portal but which is managed by Rochard King.
WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION
Rochard King collect and use your personal data, so that we can:
- Contact you;
- Register you to receive our services and provide you with our services;
- Analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you;
- Reply to any requests for information that you ask us for;
- Clarify any particular query;
- Resolve any problems with services that we may supply to you;
- Manage your account;
- Supply details of any product or service within the Rochard King office only that we believe may meet your needs;
- Cross check any information that we receive with that held on our database; and
- Serve marketing information or updates about market conditions on a regular basis which we feel would be of interest or use to you.
HOW WE MAY USE THIS INFORMATION:
We primarily use your information in order to provide our services to you which include the following:
- Helping you to sell your property;
- Helping you to buy a property;
- Helping you let your property;
- Helping you rent a property;
- Providing Valuations and market appraisals;
- Helping you with land sales and acquisitions;
- Referring to our associated finance brokers
- Providing bespoke property searches;
- To store your data to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to the Rochard King Website;
- To communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time; this can be done by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link or by contacting us by email, phone, or in person to confirm you would like to opt-out.
- To validate your information (and in some cases match it against information that has been collected by other members of our consortium)
- To comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Assisting you with leasehold enfranchisements;
- Providing strategic advice in relation to a number of property matters.
- Referring you to a developer;
- Referring your details to a third party reference checking service in order to let a property to you; or
- Be able to accept you as a guarantor for a prospective tenant
- Referring your details to a third party inventory clerk
Please note that the provision of some of these services will be subject to further terms and conditions, for example where you ask us to arrange private finance. In this case we may ask you to sign further documentation and your details may be passed to credit reference agencies and the underlying financial provider for review.
We use IP addresses to gather statistical information and to track visitor behaviour on our website. This allows us to retarget people through other forms of online advertising and to provide our website visitors with the most relevant sources of information that we can.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The legal basis which relates to our use and other processing of your Personal Data under applicable Data Protection Laws may include (as relevant):
- Processing that is necessary for performance of a contract: This includes such things as administering and managing your account where you either sign up online with us, on the phone or in person and the services relating to that;
- Processing that is necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of third parties
- Processing that is necessary to comply with a legal obligation – such as:
- to process your request for Personal Data or when you seek to exercise your rights under Data Protection Laws; or - for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Processing that is based on your consent – such as:
When we collect your data for our direct marketing communications about products and services available from Rochard King or from other third parties such as our associated mortgage brokers.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Rochard King will share your data with the following category of recipients:
- Financial companies such as banks, where you ask us to arrange a mortgage for you;
- Third party property website portals such as Rightmove;
- Professional advisers;
- Our service providers who process and store data on our behalf;
- Third party tenant referencing companies
- Various contractors who require your information to carry out a service which will aid in the sale or let of your property such as inventory clerks, gas engineers, professional photographers etc;.
- Property Developers
We will not share your Personal Data with any other organisations for marketing outside of those listed above, market research or commercial purposes. We may share your personal data in the event that our business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, (in which case personal information about players or marketing prospects might be one of the transferred assets).
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Rochard King will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was initially gathered, and in line with any further choices you have indicated about how we should handle your Personal Data. This includes retaining it in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in case of legal claims.
The criteria we use to determine data retention periods for your Personal Data includes the following:
- retention in case of queries – for example, where you contact us to receive further information about the way we handle your data;
- retention in case of claims - for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us which can be 6 years;
- retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements - after your agreement with us has come to an end; and
- retention in relation to (repeat) purchase cycles in the property industry; and
- to stay in touch about your property requirements on an ongoing basis, where you have selected to receive these.
THIRD PARTY SITES
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
Rochard King does not employ the use of profiling or automated decision making.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about your Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to restrict Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to request access to your Personal Information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data (“Data Portability”); and
- rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
Where you have provided your consent, for example to marketing, you are free at any time to withdraw your consent where that is relied upon as the lawful reason for Processing your Personal Data. To do this you will need to contact by telephone, email, writing, or in person, the branch or branches of
Rochard King that you provided your Personal Data to, to withdraw your consent or click “unsubscribe” on the direct marketing email you may have received. Please note that if you do withdraw your consent and there is no alternative lawful reason which justifies our Processing of your Personal Data for a particular purpose, it may mean that you cannot receive some marketing communications.
If you wish to change the information that we hold for you, please contact the relevant office or, if you have registered your profile on our website, please go to www.rochardking.com
If you wish to have your information removed from our database either permanently or temporarily, please advise the office with which you originally registered. Your information will be removed as soon as is practically possible.
If you have signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
If we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (as it is made up from time to time) we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect that transfer, such as contractual obligations being imposed on the recipients of your Personal Data. Those obligations require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the standard required in the EEA. Safeguards also include requiring the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing and where the framework is the means of protection for the personal information.
Rochard King is committed to having a high level of security in place to protect against the level of risk posed by the processing of Personal Data. When you register your details, we will take all reasonable steps to keep these details secure and free from unauthorised access by use of technology and internal systems which will be updated as new technology becomes available and is appropriate to our systems. While we take efforts to safeguard your Personal Data which are consistent with relevant Data Protection Laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. Any Personal Data that you send via the Rochard King Website to us is sent at your own risk.
If you simply have a query about any aspect of this policy or wish to have any part of it clarified, please contact your local branch office. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the way in which your details are used or stored by this company, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Andrea King (Data Protection Officer)
Rochard King Limited, 236 Chremma House, 14 London Road, Guildford GU1 2AG
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/
Rochard King Limited, 236 Chremma House, 14 London Road, Guildford GU1 2AG
Tel: 01483 323654 email@example.com www.rochardking.com
"I have dealt with 2 individuals with the company, Andrea, and Tim. Each one has come across as very professional and has made a conscious effort to help in any way they can which portrays very good customer service. As a rule positive feedback isn't usually put forward, however, compared to other companies we have been dealing with recently, this has been a lovely experience so far! And I want to say thank you and carry on as you are."